Who We Are
TheGreenOffice.com is a one-stop online retailer featuring over 38,000 green and conventional office products and a comprehensive range of sustainability services designed to make office greening easy and cost effective. We take the research out of responsible shopping by labeling and ranking our catalog by greenness, allowing you to balance price, performance, and sustainability. Here you'll find discounts up to 75% off list as well as contract pricing and free e-procurement tools for corporate customers. Most of our products are delivered next-day and FREE of charge by a team of professionals with a passion for customer service.
We were established in 2005 by founder and CEO Alex Szabo, a former sustainability consultant and educator who had experienced first-hand the need for a single source of environmentally and socially responsible office products and services. Mr. Szabo’s vision was of a workplace run exclusively on green products and driven by sustainable practice. Every day, we empower consumers to align values with action by providing easy and affordable access to office greeing essentials. In every sphere of operation we strive to model sustainable business by maximizing the social, ecological, and financial performance of our company – what is known as the triple-bottom-line.
A History of Firsts
Our goal is to challenge industry and workplaces alike to do it greener. In our relatively short history we have taken leadership positions on a variety of workplace sustainability matters, including:
- The first company to offer a full selection of dark green, green, and conventional products under one virtual roof
- The first company to label and rank a 34,000+ product catalog by greenness
- The first one-stop-solution to remove all items containing PVC / vinyl
- The first company to develop a comprehensive Office Footprint Calculator™
- A member of the first cohort of certified San Francisco Bay Area Green Businesses
- One of the first (if not the first) California corporation to amend its articles of incorporation to include sustainability principles
- A Founding member of B Corporation
Get in Touch
We're serious about our work without taking ourselves too seriously. If you'd like to learn more about how we can help your organization take the next step in office greening, we invite you to get in touch with one of our personable representatives.